This evaluation frame was written by P.E.I. Bonewitz. Most neo-Pagan groups are harmless; but some, a few,
just like sub-groups within any of the mainstream belief systems, may not be so nice.
QUESTION EVERYTHING! THINK FOR YOURSELF!
CULT DANGER EVALUATION FRAME
Rate each from 1 to 10, with 1 being Very Low and 10 being Very High
1. INTERNAL CONTROL: amount of internal political power exercised by the leader(s) over members.
2. WISDOM CLAIMED: by leader(s); amount of infallibility declared about decisions.
3. WISDOM CREDITED: to leader(s) by members; amount of trust in decisions made by leaders.
4. DOGMA: rigidity of reality concepts taught; amount of doctrinal inflexibility.
5. RECRUITING: emphasis put on attracting new members; amount of proselytizing.
6. FRONT GROUPS: number of subsidiary groups using different names from that of main group.
7. WEALTH: amount of money and/or property desired or obtained; emphasis on members' donations.
8. POLITICAL POWER: amount of external political inflience desired or obtained.
9. SEXUAL MANIPULATION: of members by leader(s); amount of control over sex lives of members.
10. CENSORSHIP: amount of control over members' access to outside opinions on group, its doctrines or leader(s).
11. DROPOUT CONTROL: intensity of efforts directed at preventing or returning dropouts.
12. ENDORSEMENT OF VIOLENCE: when used by or for the group or its leader(s).
13. PARANOIA: amount of fear concerning real or imagined enemies; perceived power of opponents.
14. GRIMNESS: amount of disapproval concerning jokes about the group, its doctrine, or leader(s).